Saturday, February 20, 2016

9 things I want my little sisters to know..



Being an older sister is not always easy. Most days I am the no fun, bossy, judgmental one in the eyes of my littles. I know it may seem that way, but I just love them so much that maybe sometimes I am a little hard on them. After a recent "disagreement" with the youngest I realized that there are so many things I hope that they know. That got me thinking.... what a great post idea! Now, whenever my baby girls need to, they can look back and read this post and know that their sister loves them very much. I'm sure there are so many big sisters out there that feel exactly the same way! So here are 9 things I want my little sisters to know...


1.   I love you.
Unconditionally. I loved you before I knew you. No matter what life throws our way I will always love you. I know that I don’t say it enough.

2.  I am proud of you.
You have accomplished so much and you continue to inspire me every day. You show so much discipline and drive and I know you can do anything you put your mind to.

3.  You can really work my nerves.
Ugh. You irritate the hell out of me sometimes, but please know that it doesn’t ever mean that I don’t love you or want you around anymore. I will always need you.


4.  He will never be good enough for you.
It doesn’t matter if he’s a neurosurgeon or an astronaut, there will never be a man good enough for one of my sisters. Even if I like him, I will always second guess his motives and worry if he’ll break your heart. Heaven forbid if that day comes, I hope youo know you can always count on me to hide his body or be a shoulder to cry on.

5.  I hope you learn from my mistakes.
Lord knows I have made so many of them. And, you can always talk to me about them. I am an open book. Anything to keep you from the heartaches that I have put myself through.




6.   You are beautiful and you are worthy.
I know there are days you won’t feel like this is true, but I promise you it is.

7.  I’ve got your back.
We may not always see eye to eye, but when push comes to shove, I’m here for you. I will give you advice whenever you ask for it or just be a good listener for those times that you don’t. All of the  uncertainties in this world can really wear on you, I know, I’ve been there. Shit, most days I’m still there. Point is, whatever you need from me, you’ve got it.


8.  You are stronger than you know.
When your world comes crashing in on you understand that you WILL be just fine. I know that it’s overwhelming sometimes. I also know what a strong and powerful young woman you are. The world is not going to end and neither are you. You will get through it, maybe not with “beauty and grace”, but you will get through it all the same.

9.   I look up to you.

Don’t laughI’m being serious. You are so wise beyond your years and a lot more mature than I ever was at your age. You have goals and ambitions and you are kicking ass to make sure you reach them. I know I can always count on you, no matter how long it’s been since the last time I saw you. You are so amazing and I love you so much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment